Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I know I should not be so mean... but really,

I see the need to blog this out before I go crazy.

The boss of... the shop I used to work at said to me on the first day of work,

"If you want to quit, you need to give the company a week's notice first in your resignation letter."

I tendered my resignation last Monday, and all he said was,

"So fast, you want to quit ah. "

And nothing else.

Yesterday during work, at about 1.10pm, he called the shop up. At that time, I was the only one in the shop, with a few customers.
Dialogue in RED is me, because RED is the awesomest colour ever! :D
D - for that boss dude.
R - for the awesomest one.

D : "Jolene ah, ***** here. You eat already? Anyway, I haven't got down to asking you this, why you want to quit?"

R : "Haven't, it's still so early! Uh, I want to quit because of personal reasons."

Usually when someone says personal reasons, the asker will not probe any further. But clearly, he has no clue to what PERSONAL is.

D : "Personal reasons? Like what? Is it because you don't like working with Diana? Is it because of the job? Cannot be ma, your job is just to serve customers and cashiering duties only ma! Or is it the working hours? Why not you stay, and I let you work one day a week, like Sundays. At least you can have extra income ma."

R : "Like I said, it is personal. So why should I tell you?"

D : "But you quit, must have reason ma, so what is it? Is it because of your job or colleague? Or what is it?"

R : "It is PERSONAL! I see no need in telling you!"

D : "But why you want to quit?!"

R : "I SAID, it is due to PERSONAL REASONS! I do not wish to elaborate any further and I do not see the need to do so. I tendered my resignation, I gave you the one-week notice, so today will be my last day. And that is the end to that."

At this point, I am getting beyond irritated. I was THISCLOSE to spewing all sorts of vulgarities and demeaning words at him. Seriously, nobody should probe when someone says it is due to personal reasons.

D : "Is it because of colleagues or what? You are always welcome to come back if you ever want to work at XXX Connections again. So is it because of colleagues?"

R : "It is PERSONAL! Tsk, wait, there is a customer."

... At this point, he hung up on me. Whatev, he was getting on my nerves with all the probing anyway.

So yesterday, I succeeded in pissing him off by calling him like, 4 times. 2 out of the 4 times were consecutive calls. And since it was my last day, I panicked a bit when he scolded me and hung up at the last call in a very VERY rude manner, I have not even finish asking him what the customer has asked and he hung up just like that.

I told the customer what happened over the conversation I had with that dude on the phone, and that I am... pretty scared about it. She said, in a very girl power manner,

"There is no need for you to be scared. You are just doing your job."

I panicked, and I got upset about it. And obviously very very pissed. But now... looking at it. I guess I should be happy I pissed him off.

Revenge for asking so many times the same fucking question when I already said it is personal.

... I will not and cannot say to him that he, creeping me out, is the main reason why I tendered my resignation, apart from the low pay, ugly and smelly uniform that smells strangely like hair, and the constant spying through the CCTV.

And it is not in my nature to not bitch about it. I cannot not voice out my anger and frustration on my blog.

Childish, I may be. But for now it is the only way I vent my frustration, other than crying.

No comments: