Thursday, October 1, 2009

And they said change is healthy.

There was an earthquake yesterday. :/

Since I am more or less usually in my own little personal bubble, I did not feel the tremors till Kt called me.

"DID YOU FEEL ANYTHING?! MY OFFICE TABLE WAS SHAKING!"

Suddenly Singapore does not feel safe anymore.

Being a Singaporean (unfortunately), we used to pride ourselves as being a very safe country.

Safe, because you can go out in the middle of the night without having to fear of being robbed, raped or molested.
Safe, because no natural disasters really occur in our sunny little island.

So many things have happened on our little island. Many changes have inevitably occurred.

The temperature, the familiar faces around you. Everything changes. Singapore suddenly just does not feel that safe anymore.

We have haze, we are feeling the tremors from the earthquake that occurred in our neighbouring countries, more and more foreign workers are coming over to Singapore. Ah the joy.

What ever happened to the Singapore I used to know?

That being said, many people are still stuck under the rubble right now as I blog this out. It is during times like this that makes me feel real grateful that I am in Singapore.

No comments: