Thursday, July 29, 2010

Shopping... for the day?

Today, or rather, yesterday, I went for another interview at a modelling agency.

The very same one that I went to 5 years ago.

They still have the chairs from 5 years back, but the location and the interior and exterior has totally changed. And the price of their composite card/portfolio has obviously increased, as usual, but it's slightly lesser than the previous one.
(It's $470 for 3 outfit changes for this one, and $690 for 5 outfit changes for the previous one.)

Thing is, despite knowing that it's more or less a scam, I still am tempted to join that company. Must be the compliments they throw at me...

I was told to bring a photo of myself, which I did show nearing the end of the interview.

And the lady, probably was just being nice, said that I have a very nice face shape (Ohohoho!) and that if I were to do my composite card/portfolio, I should totally do a wild theme, and she said that I will have to bring my sunglasses along for it.

Well, seeing that I have a collection of them, I guess it made me happy that someone actually... appreciates it, in a way.

So that was the photo I brought along.

Obviously I photoshopped it. How else will the photo look so bright.

I went back after my interview with the agency.
(I was given a few days to think about it, as usual.)

I stopped by a bookstore on my way back because I was looking for a particular book. I found it, bought it, and I totally regretted it.

This is the book I bought : Korean for Dummies.


Because I am so ready to go to Korea and become a popstar. Ohohoho!

But seriously, I have intentions of going to Korea to study Liberal Arts in German language/literature.
Ironic, I know that I am going to Korea to learn German when I have no clue on how to read, speak or write in any of those languages at all.

But I bought it anyway, hoping that I will be able to pick up Korean before I actually head down to apply for the university, of which I am still thinking because I know my family is not actually able to afford it...?

Korea is the cheapest I can find. $4-5000 for a semester or a school year is pretty cheap when you compare it to Australia, which is about $30 000. Singapore Dollars, that is.

But to apply for a university in Korea as an international student, you will have to take a Korean Proficiency test, of which you have to pass 5 of the 6 levels, or else they will either limit the modules you can take, or might just reject you, I think.

So I am here, trying to learn Korean with my dying will. And I thought this Korean for Dummies book will be useful.
But turns out, you don't get to learn Hangul with this book.
(Hangul, the writing part. You learn how to speak and enunciate with this book.)

So pretty much, this was a waste of money. $50 for the book, I feel the pain in my pocket. I could have gotten the German one for slightly lesser. :/ Oh well, I am going to make the best of it, and attempt to learn Korean soon.

There are a few things I just wanted to blog it out, just so it gets into my head a bit.

I have been missing school/turning up late for class for the past few days. D:
It is not something I am proud of, especially since I was known to be one of the few who turns up the earliest for class back in my first and second year of school.

I think I have become a lot less interested in the course I am taking, because right now all I want to do is get over and be done with Interior Design.

I roll out of bed at the time my class starts, and will not pop into class until a good hour or two has passed.

I love design, but I think I just hate my course. :/

No comments: