Saturday, July 17, 2010

It was fun while it lasted.

Taken at the airport.

I just sent a friend back to Australia yesterday. She came back during her winter break for 2 weeks.

Yeah, winter in June/July. Weird place, Australia is.

So within 2 weeks, I am pleased to say that we met up 2 times. :D
That's a record for someone who I never bothered meeting up in the past, 2-3 years before she flew off and came back to Singapore.

I feel a need to do a post up on this, which is something I am not very much into because I hate writing out stupid posts about stuff like...
"This is where I went!"
"This is what I bought!"
"This is what I ate!"

I know blogs like that make up 80% of the blogosphere and most of the blogs that have tons of hits are part of the 80%.

But because this is a ... rather significant event, I just felt that I should blog this out. Hahaha, in case one day I ever lose my memory, this blog will remind me of stuff.

So, our first meetup since she returned was on a Friday, and she got lost on the train. Taking from the wrong side of the station, she only realised when the person announced the name of the next station.

Tourist, she totally forgot how to navigate around Singapore anymore. Hahaha!

We met up, had sushi buffet together in a long long time. And we watched Despicable Me. :D
Oh, then we met up with Chulien at Vivo and went shopping and had Carl's Jr because Marche was full of people during dinner time on a Friday night.

PHOTO SPAM!







Because that is how much I love my JS Adidas shoes. :D








On our second meetup was on a Thursday, the day before she flew off. Her navigation skills were not as bad. At least she can still find her way around the shopping mall.

Our second meetup was short, and consisted of a sushi buffet at Sakae Sushi because Chulien and I are such slowpokes that we missed the lunch buffet timing, and a round at the neoprint shop. :D

Ah neoprints... Brings back such fond memories.

But this meetup was a short short one because she has a dinner date with her other friends from secondary school, which from what she said was not exactly the best event that occurred in her 2 weeks in Singapore.

Friday, which was yesterday, I went and sent her off at the airport alone because Chulien had school till 6, which she could still have made it in time if she wanted to. ROAR! D:

As a parting gift... Sort of, I bought her the dress she wanted from Forever 21, because that is how awesome I am.

I didn't bother taking out the price tag, and I mentioned on the paper bag that its the $47 dress, because she already know the price. -_- I see no point in taking the price tag out.

Apart from that dress, I gave her my favourite pair of wayfarers in red and yellow.
Please take good care of it. ;A;
SEE! YELLOW!

And I used a piece of newspaper to wrap her present because she wrapped mine in a piece of newspaper too. HAHAHA!
Eh, at least they have Super Junior on it.


And a "loveletter", as she would call it. -_-


But I went alone, and it was awkward because her dad and brother ended up treating me to a meal at Popeyes and I went back with her mother. D:

Her dad and brother offered to send me back, but it was just weird yo, WEIRD! But yeah, I went back with her mother, and I met on the train, 2 of the most ill-bred people in the world.

A mother went rushing to a seat, even after seeing that the person offered it to an elderly.
And her son kept kicking me and didn't apologize for it. When you hit someone, unintentionally, you should at least apologize for it. And when I stood up to alight, her son and her rushed to snatch my seat, and her son pushed me away with his dying will even before I managed to walk to the door.

People like you are a serious disgrace to Singapore. Argh.

To make matters worse, I still can't find my Power Rangers shirt. ROAR!

No comments: