Saturday, July 10, 2010

And again, because change is healthy.

There is a little person living in everyone's head, controlling your every move, kinda like your brain and conscience combined.

And as you age with each passing day, you will achieve a certain level of maturity, or at least you will achieve a certain understanding with the little person inside you.

You learn what are the things you like, and the things you don't like.
You learn the type of person you are, and the type of people you would love to avoid.
You learn how slow and dense or how quick you are at picking things up.

This is a random topic I thought about on my way home from work today.

A "brief" introduction about myself :

I don't really remember much about my childhood.
I vaguely remember how my classes back in primary school was like. I remember how I was bullied, kinda, but didn't tell anyone about it. I remember not caring much about being alone in class.

But things obviously change.

You grow up, the way you think, your mindset would most definitely change.

I started caring about how I was always alone.
I started noticing the group I put myself into so I will never have to be alone.
I started realising that most of the time, I am alone at home till 7pm when my dad comes home from work.

Things change, and so do people.

I never really liked children. Like yes, I do find them adorable, but no, I do not see myself getting remotely close to them emotionally in real life.

But it has since then changed since I started working at a tuition center for children.
I find them to be entertaining and very much amusing. The things they do, the things they say, you will never believe you were that young once.

And now that I am working at a shop, selling children's clothes, I realise how much I really dislike them.
Or rather, dislike having to deal with thm.

Working in that clothes shop was something I had enjoyed immensely when I started. You have a boss who is not out to make you push for sales. You can do your school work while you are there. You can even use the internet there because there is free Wifi around.

But obviously, things change.

Just last week, a little boy came in to the shop with his parents and helper, made a mess in the shop and took a bite out of my project work.

The best part?
The parents didn't bother apologizing because, for obvious reasons, my project work is not important to anyone but me.

And business hasn't been the best ever since Mothercare opened a outlet in the shopping center. Now I fear getting fired because of my lack of awesome sales.

I realise how much I have changed in a year or so.
And how much I am not happy with myself.

I constantly change my hair style and colour.
I change my dress style.
I change the way I think and talk, and I change the way I do things.

The many things you experience will change you for life, no matter how minute the change is. But because you are older now, hopefully, you have lesser of a chance to be impulsive and do something you want because you want it.

I want to be the way I was back in primary school, I want to take a leap of faith and be able to try out things just for the fun of it.