Saturday, March 13, 2010

I know karma's coming to pay me back.

Many awesome things have been happening these few days, apart from me being sick. So many that it actually made me think that something really really bad is going to happen soon. There really is a reason why Will.I.Am's Heartbreaker is my theme song.

Some awesome events are in the works, nothing much confirmed yet.

I tried my best to save the world today, by bringing down my own shopping bag instead of using the plastic bags that the cashier usually gives. And 2 words for it : extremely embarrassing.

I somehow felt embarrassed because I feel like I am a hobo when I tell the lady,

"Um, I do not need the plastic bag. Just put them in this bag, thanks."

I was suppose to feel proud, proud of doing something that I know is good for the world. But yet, I feel extremely embarrassed when I took my bag out. :/

Must be the design of the bag. Everyone I know who saw it says it look like a plastic bag.
So in the end, am I actually helping this world or not?

I have come to realise that I am very much like my father in many ways. For example, trying to save the Earth in whichever way we could. But of course, my dad is doing a much better job than I am. I try to save the world, he just does it.

He uses shopping bags all the time, he "encourages" me to use the special wash cloth he bought instead of the paper wipes to mop the floor. And he takes the bus to work, and walks everywhere he could. Ironically, it's the men in my life that inspires me. My boss and my dad.

Both, rather old.
Both, working males.

I am actually extremely glad that my boss said that he saw me on TV. This shows that... I have a recognisable face, or that he actually remembers me, one of his 5 interns whose names he probably cannot really remember. And also, someone I actually know saw me on TV. SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY SAW ME ON TV.

I know I am making a huge fuss out of a short interview on TV. But seriously, it is TV. -_-

No comments: