Thursday, June 17, 2010

I'm just ranting...

I feel compelled to write out this post, mainly because whenever I am outside walking or shopping alone, I tend to get stares because of my hair. :/ Or because of what I am wearing.

Usually I get stares of envy and jealousy or curiosity because of the awesome pair of Adidas Jeremy Scott I am wearing. The gold one gets more stares and double-takes, for obvious reasons. :D

Usually I embrace it, when it is about what I am wearing.

But recently, I realise I have been getting a lot of stares and giggles and have a bunch of people pointing at me because of my hair. How I know it's my hair they are giggling at? Well, apparently I dressed pretty normally. Nothing flashy, just my regular converse shoes, berms and a shirt. :/

Usually it's not that bad. I haven't gotten much stares or points or giggles as compared to my bright red Gaga-ish hair, so I was actually comfortable and used to not having people do funny stuff like that. So now when it happens, I actually get quite annoyed and I am pretty uncomfortable with it.

I guess it just hit me that it really looks like that duo colour Nutella, like what some random guy from Singapore Polytechnic, God-knows-what-year student said that. I didn't actually hear it for myself, a friend of mine who was walking behind that guy who was walking behind me heard that and told me when she saw me in class. ._.



Yeah, this gets more stares than that.


And this actually has a delayed effect on getting the same reaction as the one above. :/

It actually makes me wonder, and it actually pisses me off when people think that just because one dyes her hair, or tattoo and pierce some part of their body, or even dress in a flashy fashion means that he or she is insecure about themselves.

These snobs of society thinks that when you dress normally like they do, and have your hair in its natural colour, actually means that you're feeling confident about yourselves. And that you're not masking up who you truly are, as an Asian or whatever. Rah.

I think the world needs more colour, and people need to stop being so judgmental.

This post actually sounded a lot better in my head when I was planning it out. But oh well. At least that gave my lifeless blog some kind of... life I guess.

On a side note, Hong Kong really is not far away from now! :DD And I am extremely excited about it! :D So excited that I haven't even started packing yet. D:

As of right now, I would kill to own this fanny pack, in gold. Rah, I hate that it's not available anywhere online, not even Ebay. D:

Photo credits to Big21Fashion.


No comments: