Friday, August 7, 2009

This afternoon during school hours, I received a phone call from my mother. And I was thinking "oh shit, what does she want from me now."

I picked up the call, and she was sobbing on the phone telling me that my grandmother, her mother, is dying. And asked me what time will I be reaching home.

At that moment, when she said my grandmother is dying, I really said "So?", throwing everything right back to her.

I know I may seem to be the most not filial grandchild ever, but seriously, it really is not as if I am that close to her. We do not talk, there is a language barrier between us. She has not done anything for me that will place her in my memory vault.

Ah Munna went "She is your grandmother, you have her genes whether you like it or not" and proceeded to smack me lightly on my shoulder.

Whether I like it or not, I have her genes. And I am grateful for that, because having her genes allows me to have bigger eyes than my brother. BIG.EYES. :D I just do not feel anything for her. Emphasis on the DO NOT, because I am totally not close to her.

To her, I probably am just another grandchild, the quiet one with the bright bright hair that she totally disapproves of.

I really did not care much, but I slowly found myself slipping into a really foul mood after that. Many things, unpleasant things, happened this week. And having my grandmother dying is like having the icing on the whole Unpleasant Week Cake. Gah.

Maybe I really am full of pure evil.

And it just really has to be just before my birthday.

I still went to the hospital to visit. -.- One of my aunts snubbed my brother and I. And it turns out, my grandmother fell, and she was due for a checkup tomorrow but was not feeling too well today. So my mother thought she was dying.

And for some reason, my grandmother kept looking at me in the hospital. Like spying on me like a haaawk. D:

1 comment:

dai said...

omg. the hawk thing reminds me of one time during the sec sch orientation thingy we were like suppose to mend the dance cca stall thingy. then they had this performance and one sec 1 class was imitating this sch teacher whose name i forgot. and they were saying something about his eyes being as sharp as a hawk. LOL.