Sunday, February 6, 2011

Happy Fucking New Year to you too.

Apparently this is what I mean, and where I stand in the eyes of my boss.

Today, I dragged myself out of bed, went to work feeling really annoyed because its the second last day of the most dreaded holidays of the year, Chinese/Lunar New Year.

I hate Chinese New Year, for the many reasons I shall state below...
  1. I HAVE to be nice, meaning I can't curse and swear or say stuff about death. Eg. "I am going to stuff myself with so much food that it will shorten my life by 10 years."
  2. My dad gets pissed if I do not wish him Happy New Year first thing in the morning.
  3. I have to visit my relatives and pretend that I give a damn about their lives.
  4. I have to be nice and wish relatives Happy New Year while listen to them brag about their kids/nag about not having a boyfriend just so I get a red packet which contains a sum so tiny that I can earn it in less than an hour at work.
  5. And of course, there is always the bunch of people who goes to selective people's house just so they can get more money out of it.
Pathetic holiday.

There is an upside to it though.
Like how my room is super neat now, and super clean.
I packed my insanely messy shelf in about 3 hours, and I halved it contents by throwing out nearly everything.

Just look at it! :D

And I packed my makeup into little drawers I got from Ikea. Expensive drawer unit, but I love it because my makeup now is neat and tidy.

I have gotten a little obsessed with cleanliness, and I think it is safe to call me a germaphobe, given that I wipe down every part of my room with disinfectant the moment someone, apart from me, comes into my room and touch it.

And another awesome thing about this holiday is that we get an extended, super long weekend.

The holiday this year falls on a Thursday and Friday. Usually the eve of the holiday is a half-day at work or at school. But this year, my school gave us an extra day of rest. Which means that if I skip school on Monday and Tuesday, I will end up having the entire week off.

Yeah, super long holiday. And most shops are closed too for the holidays. Usually business resumes on the third or fourth day of the holiday.

Which brings me to my point,

I went to work today, like all hardworking employees do for minimum wage. I worked as usual, and at the end of the day, I reported my sales as usual to my boss....

Only to be notified 2 hours later that the shop was only going to open for business again starting Monday.

Meaning to say I worked for nothing today, I got up and dragged myself to work for nothing.

And I only got notified today, 2 hours after I reported sales to her, because she had forgotten about me.

Story of my life.

On a lighter note, I found a pretty picture of me so I am going to post it up because I looked pretty in it.

No comments: